AUTOMATED GATES & ACCESS CONTROL
The Installation of Automated Gates or Barriers can provide many benefits, including:
Security & Safety
Restriction of access or exit from a property or site, allowing monitoring of visitors and a deterrent to would be intruders.
When used in a residential or school application an automated gate can provide Protection to Children, preventing them from leaving the property without permission or from undesirable visitors gaining access. Manual Gates and Barriers will inevitably be left open, whether the last person to use the entrance forgets, it is raining or they expect the person behind them to close it behind them, leaving a premises exposed to theft or Vandalism. The use of automation can ensure the Entrance is always closed when not in use maximising the security, and minimising unwanted or un-announced visitors.
Anti-Ram Bollards & Gates are available to provide maximum protection.
An Electric Gate can provide a prestigious entrance to a property providing added value on re-sale
Ease of Use
Many types of access control can be installed, including
- Radio Remote Controls
- Proximity Tag Readers, Both Long & Short range
- GSM Intercoms & Remote Controls
- Induction Loops for Entry or Exit
- Number Plate Recognition
- Audio Entry
- Video Entry
- Coded Access
All of which can make the access or exit to a property quicker, easier and more Secure, particularly on a cold, wet night when the last thing you want to do is to get out of the car to open the gate or Barrier and then close it behind you.
Find out more
To find out more, please use the contact form below. Your details will only be used to contact you regarding this enquiry.
Types of system:
There are many types of Automated Gates and Barriers suitable for every application. The appropriate system will depend on the following:
- Why Automation is required, is it for Primarily for Security, Ease of use or just to monitor the access and exit of visitors
- How quickly the system needs to operate. Will a standard operating time compromise security or is there a high volume of visitors that need to gain access with or without being monitored. Where the restriction is limited to vehicles, an automated Rising Arm Barrier, Hydraulic Bollard or Road-Blocker may be appropriate, providing quick operating times. Where security is paramount and Personnel must also be restricted but with a quick operating time a Bi-Folding speed gate could be specified
- A restriction of space can prevent the use of a swing gate being used where it could limit the number of cars that could be parked on a driveway or where there are parking bays immediately to the side of the gates. Sliding gates may provide the solution, but there may also be restrictions if no "Run-back" area is available, in which case a bi-folding gate may be required.
The volume of operations per day and how the degree of use is spread through-out the day can dictate the type of product or operator, with systems available for Light Domestic use up to Continual or Intensive use.
Size & Weight of the Gate
A large, heavy gate, particularly with a solid infill will require a different operator to one which is light and open in construction.
The look of the Operator used on a swing gate may be important, particularly on prestigious entrances where an underground system may be more appropriate than an above ground Ram style operator.
Metalwood Fencing Ltd, Hutton House, Soothouse Spring, Valley Road Industrial Estate,St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3 6PG. Tel: 01727 861141